The Tigers rolled through the doubles to take an early 3-0 lead.
At No. 1 singles, Sam May was up a break at 4-3 in the first set against third-ranked Adam Krull, before the All-American rallied for a 6-4, 6-2 win.
Nathan Chavez had the most competitive match of the day for the Cowboys. Playing against former ITA national champion Aaron Skinner, Chavez dropped the first set 6-2 before tying the match with a 6-4 win in the second set. Skinner held off 11-9 in the pro set third set to secure the shutout for Trinity.
It was the season opener for both schools. HSU will return to action on Feb. 13 against Midwestern State.
Trinity 9, Hardin-Simmons 0
1. Adam Krull (TU) def. Sam May, 6-4, 6-2
2. Aaron Skinner (TU) def. Nathan Chavez, 6-2, 4-6, 11-9
3. Jordan Mayer (TU) def. Frankie Sanchez, 6-0, 6-1
4. Clayton Neiss (TU) def. B.J. Farmakis, 6-2, 6-3
5. Charlie Curtis (TU) def. Ben Gutierrez, 6-2, 6-0
6. Pablo Diaz Boom (TU) def. Andrew Eurek, 6-2, 6-1
1. Jordan Mayer/Aaron Skinner (TU) def. Nathan Chavez/Andrew Eurek, 8-2
2. Adam Krull/Clayton Neiss (TU) def. Sam May/Jordan Wilson, 8-2
3. Charlie Curtis/Chas Mayer (TU) def. Frankie Sanchez/Chandler Livingston, 8-0